- Knowledge. A professional personal trainer also has a thorough understanding of how the body moves and functions.
- Communication. Having an excellent ability to communicate with clients is essential to the role of personal trainer.
What are 5 qualities a personal trainer must demonstrate?
- Educated. Let’s get the most obvious one out of the way first, shall we!
- Effective Communicators.
- Good Listeners.
What are the core values of a personal trainer?
- Determination: We are determined to make dreams a reality through hard work, dedication, and self-discipline.
- Respect: We treat others how we want to be treated.
- Integrity: We are sincere and uncompromising in our commitment to doing the right thing.
What makes a great fitness instructor?
A great fitness instructor is someone who builds a relationship of mutual understanding and trust through clear communication. According to Albert Mehrabian’s 7-38-55 Rule of Personal Communication, 55% of how we communicate is through body language, 38% is through tone of voice, and 7% is through the words used.
What is your core value?
Core values are the fundamental beliefs you have about your life. They guide your behaviors, decisions, and actions. They bring about a sense of purpose and self-worth. They remind you what’s important to you and what you want more of in your life.
What are some examples of core values?
What qualities do you possess that makes you a dynamic and passionate trainer?
- Public Speaking.
- Verbal and Physical Communicating.
- Leading Group Presentations.
- Executing Customer Service.
- Maintaining a Diverse Clientele.
What makes a good gym coach?
One of the most important characteristics of a good personal trainer is the ability to be flexible. Flexibility, problem solving skills, and being able to think on your feet are all pretty much essential if you want to be successful in this job.
Why does a personal trainer need confidence?
Having confidence allows a person to overcome fears, take direct action, say yes to new challenges, seek mentorship, and ask questions – all components of achieving professional success.
How do I become a confident fitness instructor?
- Study with the best.
- Work on your voice.
- Center yourself before class (or client sessions).
- Know your brand and own it.
- Listen to your students.
- Teach and teach and teach.
- Work on cueing.
- Videotape yourself teaching.
What are your top 3 personal values?
What are the 5 most important values?
- INTEGRITY. Know and do what is right. Learn more.
- RESPECT. Treating others the way you want to be treated. Learn more.
- RESPONSIBILITY. Embrace opportunities to contribute. Learn more.
- SPORTSMANSHIP. Bring your best to all competition. Learn more.
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP. Serve the common good. Learn more.
What are the 7 types of values?
- Honesty. Loyalty, integrity, uprightness, a complete refusal to use any underhanded method to help win business or gain any kind of advantage.
- Team Spirit.
What are strong core values?
Core values are traits or qualities that are not just worthwhile, they represent an individual’s or an organization’s highest priorities, deeply held beliefs, and core, fundamental driving forces. They are the heart of what your organization and its employees stand for in the world.
How do you value a person?
- Understand the purpose of your work.
- Empathise with others.
- Support others to develop and be their best.
- Advise colleagues and line managers.
- Ask a range of people for their opinion and listen carefully to responses.
- Consider the wellbeing of others.
What are professional values?
Professional values are the guiding beliefs and principles that influence one’s work behaviour.
What are 3 important characteristics of a trainer?
- Be a good (and patient) listener.
- Approach training strategically.
- Encourage engagement.
- Be organized.
- Appreciate good instructional design.
- Have a finger on the pulse of learning trends.
- Analyze and improve again, and again, and again.
- Prize lifelong learning.
What are the skills of a trainer?
- Advanced research skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Adaptability skills.
- Enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Content authoring tool.
- Video editing software.
How can I be a successful trainer?
- Process before content.
- Being effective is more important than being right.
- Want others to learn and grow without expecting them to.
- Self-aware and self-managed.
- Be a coping model.
How do you motivate a fitness class?
- Speak to the WHY…
- Let the music be the assistant coach.
- Use voice inflection.
- Get off the stage and engage.
- Create a sense of community.
- Challenge participants to compete against themselves.
How do you grow a group fitness class?
- Keep the Music Relevant. Everyone knows that music is the cornerstone of a good class.
- Cross-Promote With Other Fitness Instructors.
- Leverage Social Media.
- Reward the Regulars in Your Fitness Classes.
- Run a Raffle.
- Go on a Field Trip.
What core value is most important?
The Importance of Core Values in Our Personal Lives. Core values drive behaviour and form beliefs. Examples of core values include reliability, dependability, loyalty, honesty, commitment, consistency, and efficiency. People in satisfying relationships will often say their partner shares their values.
What do you value most?
- Your Health. Treat your body with the respect it deserves.
- Your Friends. Spending time with friends is key to our emotional wellbeing.
- Gratitude. Appreciate the miracle of life.
- Your Reputation.
- Your Family.
- Your Education.
- Giving To Others.
- Life Experiences.
Who gave the 10 basic human values?
The Schwartz theory of basic values, which I developed, identifies ten broad personal values, which are differentiated by their underlying goal or motivation.
What are 3 core values?
That brings us to the three core values that are critical for developing great relationships: Wisdom, Performance and Love.