- Read the Scripture – with your eyes and ears.
- Reflect – Meditate, ponder, think about, and ‘chew on’ the words of God.
- Respond – Talk to the Lord (pray, praise and worship Him).
- Receive from the Lord, Rest in Him, Rejoice in Him.
- React in obedience, act and do what He has revealed or done in you.
How do I meditate deeply to God?
- Get Quiet. Begin by sitting in a posture as for meditation.
- Greet and Offer Praise. Spend a moment or two setting the stage with a prayer of invocation or praise, or an offering of gratitude.
- Speak Your Truth.
- Make a request.
- Let Go.
- Immerse Yourself in the Sacred.
How do I meditate on Jesus?
After a minute, begin to gently recite the Jesus Prayer in your mind, “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me.” Breathe in by saying “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God,” recognizing that Jesus is residing within your inner world in this very moment.
What is the biblical meaning of meditation?
The definition of meditation in the Bible is generally to “mutter or speak quietly”. In Psalm 1, it is written, that the ideal Bible reader is one who meditates on the Scripture day and night. The word meditate in Psalm 1 is from the Hebrew word, hagah.
Why is meditating on God’s Word important?
Meditation upon Scripture strengthens us for obedience by strengthening our love for God and others. By keeping God’s law in his mouth and meditating upon it, Joshua would be strengthened to lead faithfully.
How do you spiritually meditate?
- Choose A Comfortable Position. Before you begin the practice, the most important aspect is to find a place and position that you will be comfortable in.
- Experience The Process.
- Acknowledge The Thoughts.
- Utter A Prayer.
- Reflect On Yourself.
Is meditation a prayer?
Per the Oxford Dictionary of World Religions, “prayer” is “the relating of the self or soul to God in trust, penitence, praise, petition, and purpose, either individually or corporately” and “meditation” is “a form of mental prayer.”
How do you meditate on God’s day and night?
How do you meditate and pray?
- Find a comfortable place to pray.
- Prepare your mind and heart for prayer.
- Select a prayer, verse, or word to meditate with.
- Let God fill your heart.
- End your meditation with gratitude.
What does the Word meditating mean?
1 : to engage in contemplation or reflection He meditated long and hard before announcing his decision. 2 : to engage in mental exercise (such as concentration on one’s breathing or repetition of a mantra) for the purpose of reaching a heightened level of spiritual awareness. transitive verb.
How do you meditate on the Word of God for beginners?
What are the results on meditating on the word of God?
The more you meditate on the word of God, the more it exposes the character flaws that you need to fix. As you fix your mind on the word of God, your heart is progressively transformed into a heart of love, joy, peace, patience, humility, and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23).
What happens when you meditate spiritually?
Spiritual meditation is used across the globe in countless religions and cultures. Some use it for stress and relaxation, others use it to clear their minds, and some use it to awaken and deepen their connection to something greater than themselves.
What is the first step of meditation?
- Sit upright comfortably.
- Breathe deeply.
- Gently close your eyes.
- Slowly scan your body, and notice any sensations.
- Be aware of any thoughts you are having.
- When your mind wanders, focus on your breath.
- Gently open your eyes when you are ready.
Is it OK to pray in your head?
What is the real purpose of meditation?
The basic concept of meditation is that it is a practice that connects the mind and the body. Its purpose is to help increase both physical and mental peace and calm, which also helps you to learn how to live more fully in the present.
Is praying to God a form of meditation?
There is no God or deity involved in meditation–it’s a solely personal practice which helps you reach a point of spiritual clarity. But meditation and prayer have their similarities. Both are used as ways to reflect on yourself and achieve a higher sense of awareness.
How can I hear God’s voice?
- Come to God with your request for guidance.
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes.
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
How do I know God is with me?
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — His Word.
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Audibly.
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Other People.
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Visions And Dreams.
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — An Inner Knowing.
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Clear Or Blocked Paths.
What is another Word for meditate?
Some common synonyms of meditate are muse, ponder, and ruminate. While all these words mean “to consider or examine attentively or deliberately,” meditate implies a definite focusing of one’s thoughts on something so as to understand it deeply.
What is the difference between praying and meditation?
Prayer is concerned with talking, conversing, and making requests be known. Meditation is concerned with a stillness, where one serves as a witness of one’s own mind in order to listen and observe what is occurring within.
What is an example of meditate?
Meditate is defined as to sit quietly and clear the mind or be deep in thought. An example of meditate is sitting in a quiet room and focusing only on your breath.
What is an example of meditation?
Focused meditation Focused meditation involves concentration using any of the five senses. For example, you can focus on something internal, like your breath, or you can bring in external influences to help focus your attention. Examples include: counting mala beads.
What are some ways to meditate?
- Sit or lie comfortably. You may even want to invest in a meditation chair or cushion.
- Close your eyes.
- Make no effort to control the breath; simply breathe naturally.
- Focus your attention on the breath and on how the body moves with each inhalation and exhalation.
What are the benefits of meditating on God?
Meditating on the word of God helps us understand how to apply it in our lives. As Paul told Timothy, the Holy Scriptures are “able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus … that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:15, 17).