Personal training is a growing industry. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that jobs in personal training and fitness instruction will increase by 24% between 2010 and 2020, faster than the average 14% expansion for all occupations (1).
Is personal training Profitable?
Personal training is not a get-rich-quick business. But with the right moves and a little luck, training clients online can be a rewarding and lucrative career. According to our salary survey of more than 1,000 personal trainers, one in five trainers earn $75,000 or more per year.
What type of business is a personal trainer?
The delivery of personal training services in a sole proprietorship or through a partnership form is the least costly business model to establish and to use to deliver service to clients. Corporations and limited liability companies are the most expensive in terms of cost and fees to establish and operate.
How do personal trainers make money?
In general, there are three ways that personal trainers make money: a commission on the amount of sales, a training rate when the session is delivered, and a bonus for delivering a certain number of sessions in a pay period or quarter.
How do I write a business plan for a personal trainer?
- Step 1: Write your mission statement.
- Step 2: Assess the fitness industry and your competition.
- Step 3: Map out your revenue streams.
- Step 4: Plan for operating costs.
- Step 5: Create your sales and marketing plan.
- Step 6: Honestly assess your risk.
Who is the highest paid personal trainer?
- Crunch Fitness – $56,454 per year.
- LA Fitness – $53,147 per year.
- 24 Hour Fitness – $51,133 per year.
- Lifetime Fitness – $49,025 per year.
- Equinox – $47,866 per year.
- Gold’s Gym – $39,853 per year (calculated from $19.16 per hour)
How many clients can a personal trainer have?
As a general rule, the average dedicated person will train 3-4 times per week. So, to keep a regular flow of clients, a successful personal trainer will aim for 15 to 20 paying clients each week. How do you go about getting 15 to 20 clients? You need to sell yourself as a fountain of fitness knowledge and expertise.
How do personal trainers get clients?
- Create Loyal Clients.
- Ask for Referrals.
- Write Articles for Local Magazines or Fitness Websites.
- Send Weekly Emails.
- Engage with Clients Through Facebook.
- Offer a Free Trial.
- Develop a Working Relationship with Health Professionals.
- Post Testimonials on Your Website.
How do personal trainers start out?
- Invest in education. Before you can start work as a personal trainer, you need to gain a recognised qualification.
- Getting your first job.
- Be social.
- Build your client base.
- Working toward personal fitness goals.
- Keep learning.
- Keep offering value.
How do I start a freelance personal trainer?
- Do Your Research.
- Invest in Liability Insurance.
- Scope Out the Facility.
- Invest in the Right Equipment.
- Consider Online Coaching Options.
- Identify Your Target Market.
- Create a Brand.
Can you make 100k as a personal trainer?
In the personal training industry, 25-32 hours is considered full-time (once again, depending on location and self-drive). In order to make 100k, you need to be bringing in $8,333/ month.
Can you live off being a personal trainer?
Put all of this together and you can definitely earn a good living as a personal trainer. And your salary potential can increase based on a variety of factors. These include your level of education and experience. However, providing training online and offering additional services helps raise your income as well.
How many hours do personal trainers work a day?
Working part-time as a freelance trainer in a gym fits somewhere in the middle. With this option, you’ll be contracted to work anywhere between 12 and 24 hours for the gym, and then you can schedule sessions with clients outside of those hours.
What are your goals as a personal trainer?
A personal trainer will be able to tailor your workout plan to one that targets your problem areas and make sure you’ll enjoy it, too. They’ll work with you to ensure you have perfect form throughout (also preventing injury) and pick up on any bad exercise habits you’ve formed in the past.
How do I write a personal training plan?
What is a good fitness goal?
Some examples of measurable fitness goals are: Achieving a set number of repetitions of an exercise, for example, 12 pull-ups. Lifting a specific weight for a new 1RM (one-rep max — the maximum amount you can lift) Running a personal best time over a set distance.
What is the average age of a personal trainer?
There are over 133,181 personal trainers currently employed in the United States. 36.7% of all personal trainers are women, while 63.3% are men. The average age of an employed personal trainer is 37 years old.
In what city do personal trainers make the most money?
What city pays personal trainers the most? San Francisco, CA pays personal trainers the most with an average salary of $50,574 per year.
How do personal trainers retain clients?
- The Mirror Strategy. People love to interact with like-minded people.
- Create Excitement.
- Use Their Name.
- Keep the Future in Mind.
- Find non-related interests.
- Create a Mission Statement.
- Constant Contact.
- Never compromise ethics.
How many sessions should a personal trainer have?
You should train with a personal trainer one to three times per week. Once per week – If you’re on a budget and can train solo at least one other time a week. Three times per week – If you’re looking to learn exercises faster (and maybe get more gains long term).
How many clients do personal trainers see a day?
The average number of clients seen via individual sessions is thought to be somewhere between 10 and 25.
How do I sell myself as a personal trainer?
- Define your ideal client.
- Develop your personal training brand.
- Dedicate time to your website content.
- Write guest blogs for high-authority sites.
- Harness social media.
- Maximize your visibility online.
- Send emails consistently.
- Encourage referrals.
How do you sell a PT session?
- Ask “What do you want to achieve?”
- Sell results, not packages.
- Address objections.
- Get the buy-in.
- Get creative when necessary.
Is being a personal trainer a good career?
Working as a Personal Trainer is rewarding, fun and exciting. Also, 57% of Personal Trainers say they do not feel like they are stuck in a career rut, so if you are not enjoying your current job, this is something to consider.
What personal trainer certificate is most respected?
7: What personal trainer certificate is most respected? The personal trainer certifications with an option for NCCA accreditation are the most respected in the industry. The NCCA is the gold standard for third-party personal training certifications. Some of these certs include, NASM, ACE, Fitness Mentors, and ISSA.